Sunday, June 7, 2009

Toni Theodore Blog Entry

Toni Theodore 11.3 Blog Entry

From Two weeks ago until now, I’m stressed because of this 3rd English assessment. This 3rd assessment is driving me crazy with types and forms of text. I must make 5 types of text such as a compare and contrast, a research, a reaction and opinion, a persuasive, and a reflection. These types of text must be put into 5 forms of text such as two partial essays, a complete essay, a visual text, and a blogging. These types and forms of text must have a topic about technology and I chose Google as my topic.

My first partial essay is a compare and contrast of Google maps and Yahoo! maps. Then my visual text is a persuasive poster of Google Earth. I didn’t have many difficulties when doing these two. But for the complete essay and the second partial essay I got a bit confused when doing it. My complete essay is a research about history of Google, growth of Google, and Future of Google. My first draft was collected and when I got it back Miss Laura said it was a plagiarism, I was stressed out and confused. Then Miss Laura told me to make my own sentences and not to plagiarize. After that, I had finished three parts of my assessment. I was happy because I thought there’s only two left and I thought make a visual text was easy. But when I want to do my visual text, I had no idea what I’m going to do. Then I make a persuasive poster about Google with Adobe Photoshop.

As I’m doing this assessment, unconsciously I’ve learned how to make an academic writing and not to plagiarize. This assessment also makes me learn other things such as how to make footnotes. I was surprised that making types and forms of text are very hard.
I am happy that I have finished this hard assessment and I hope I’ll the best score that I can get. In the future, I will try not to do my assessments, projects and homeworks on last minute. So, I can submit more drafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment