Sunday, June 7, 2009

Stevany Leonard 11.3

In this 3rd English assessment, we were asked to make several academic writing about technological issue and I chose Nintendo Wii. When I got the notification from Miss Laura, man… I was so shock to find out that I need to do FIVE essays and each of them has different requirements. It’s pretty hard, and I felt like I wanted to scream so hard. The assessment that I’m doing right now really challenged me to write a good essay and produce the right topic sentence.

I chose the persuasive type for multimedia. For me it is the most interesting and proud piece due to the fact that I really love Nintendo Wii. It eases me to persuade others to purchase Wii. I also could use my creativity to do this multimedia thing. Well, the part that I hate most, though, is the research essay because it is time consuming and it’s hard to get the right and reliable sources from the internet.

Although there are some difficulties, I learned a whole lot from academic writings. Now I could really understand the differences between research, opinion, persuasive, etc. I also learned how to make a good structure in writing an essay, how to find reliable sources from the internet, and how to stay away from PLAGIARISM (Ooo.. the temptation). I learned mostly about Nintendo Wii on the Research and Comparison/Contrast essay because through those two essays I could understand how and when Wii was created and the impacts which were given to the users.

Overall, I feel that my work is still not well done. I really need to up my writing skill by keep practicing on how to write a proper essay more often and reading more books so that I could organize sentences better. I also need to learn how to schedule my time to do my works long before the due date so that I could get a better score.

No comments:

Post a Comment