Sunday, June 7, 2009

Reflection Blog

THE REFLECTION BLOG

Study of academic writing is not as simple and easy as I thought. For me as a student in year 11, learn about the academic writing was very hard and complicated, since I had to write four distinct types of academic writing, which are compare and contrast, research, persuasive, reaction or opinion. Besides, I also had to learn about how to cite carefully, otherwise it will identify as a plagiarism. Wii is the topic that I had chosen for my academic writing. I think this topic would be attractive and interesting to read, for the reason that many people had been addicted in playing this game. I will discuss about what I have learn about in the academic writing and also about my topic.

According to the four distinct types of academic writing that I have made, I had learned about how to make a various text types by changing the language and the structure used in a different media or form. Each text type has its own purpose and can be written in many forms. For instance research is to inform, persuasive is to make people believe in what we’re saying. Research can be made in a form of partial essay, which should have a thesis, topic sentences, evidence, and one paragraph. In order make a well organized compare and contrast essay, a thesis in the introduction and a clear topic sentence in each paragraphs are very essential. Reaction and persuasive text type, could be made in multimedia or visual form to make it more attractive.

Based on my topic about Wii, I already know that Wii is a unique video games console. At the first time I played Wii sports with my brothers, it was fun and ridiculous. Although the next day we got a twist in legs and hands, we still love to play Wii. By playing this game, people can also gain a better health and loss weight.

The academic writing was surely challenged me, because each types of writing should be well organized written. There were many difficulties while writing and finding the Information, but finally I could finished all of my academic writing, therefore I’m very proud and happy of all texts that I have made. From the academic writing, I had learned about how to make a various text types by changing the language and the structure used in a different media or form. Also, from the topic that I had chosen, I know about the reason for Wii as unique video games. I will continue to improve my reading and writing skill by learnt it from teachers, books, and anything related to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment