Sunday, June 7, 2009

Blog Entry Patricia W/11.3

Our 3rd assessment is to make a portfolio consisting 5 pieces of writing. I chose comparison/contrast for complete essay, research for first partial essay, persuasive for visual or multimedia text, reaction/opinion for second partial essay, and finally writing my reflection in a blog. My friends and I have to choose 1 topic relating to technology. My topic is Iphone 3G. I chose Iphone 3G because it is one of the most popular cellular phone.
There are many challenges that I faced in order to complete this portfolio. I was needed to practice writing more. There always been grammar or sentences, ideas, thesis, etc that I need to fix. Another problem is the time given for this assessment is only two weeks. I needed more time in order to do well in this assessment due to other pile of home works, tests, quizzes, assessments, and projects. So, when I managed to finished the portfolio in two weeks, it really surprised me. Thank you to Ms. Laura and Mrs. Karla that gave us computer lab time. It was very helpful.
By doing this assessment, I learnt how to write a proper essay. I learnt how I should manage my time even better. I also found out more about Iphone 3G and Ipod touch. I found out more about their history, more about their similarities and found out more about their differences and uses.
What I learnt about academic writing is that I need to write bibliography correctly, write the date I open the web. I also need to cite all informations that did not come from my head or not my idea. But actually it was for my own good. Not citing informations that do not come from our heads is plagiarism. There are consequences for plagiarism at my school, which is getting a zero and I absolutely do not want that. I realized that the academic writing and techniques taught by Ms. Laura and Mrs. Karla will be useful now and in the future.
My favorite piece is my first partial essay, which is researching about Iphone 3G. For me by doing the research for the essay, I got to know more about Iphone 3G. Another reason is because when I submitted the draft, there were fewer mistakes than the other drafts.
I still have some improvements that need to be done in the future. I have to practice more and submit more drafts to my teachers. I should improve my writing skills. Time management is another factor that I definitely need to improve next time. The successes in doing this assessment are finishing the portfolio and submit it to my teachers on time, and contributing a blog entry to year 11 blog.

Patricia W/11.3

No comments:

Post a Comment