Sunday, June 7, 2009

Reflection Blog

Learning academic writing really challenged me as the topic taught by Ms. Laura and Ma'am Karla is not as simple as what I read at my English textbook before.

For last few weeks, I learnt how to make different types of writing such as persuasive, compare and contrast, reaction and opinion, research and also reflection. Those texts are applied in different appearance of writing like complete essay, partial essay, making video or other type of media and also through internet by posting it on blog.

For my English assessment 3, I was told to put some effort in making five different texts with different forms of writing. I choose to write a complete essay about compare and contrast, a reaction and opinion for my first partial essay, a research for my second partial essay, making video for my media and also a reflection which I need to write on the internet; year 11.3 blog.

I most proud on my media because when making the media, I felt that it was the most enjoyable time compared with other texts. I'm not really confident with it as when I submitted my drafts between last few days and last week, there are still many mistakes remained and it was hard to improve it.

Making partial essays is my failure as sometimes I still confused of how to write it in the perfect structure. Making the media is my successes which I can freely choose how to develop and create my idea as unique as I can.

I hope in my future, I can be more prepared in making some pieces of academic writing as I will need to write some essays in my future. To improve my writing in the future, I need to read my writing as many as I can and loudly so I can find some mistakes I made. Other than that, I can also ask other people to help me in finding my mistakes.

Personally, I think that learning this third unit - academic writing is one of the most important things to learn. Thanks to Ms. Laura and Ma'am Karla.

No comments:

Post a Comment