Sunday, June 7, 2009

Reflection Blog by Ian

I had almost a month to complete this assessment but I got too relaxed until the last two week when I started to look for a topic. I didn’t go with the general topics you suggested because every other people were doing it and I didn’t want to bore you (Mrs. Karla or Ms. Laura) by giving something you will read over and over.

My initial topic was green technology, but I changed due to green technology’s tedious articles and hard jargons. So, I decided to go with the topic of weapons technology. I did “Research” and “Opinion” in the form of partial essays, “persuasive” in the form of a complete essay, “comparison/contrast” in the form of a PowerPoint presentation, and last but not least is my reflection towards this third English assessment.

I learned a lot from this assessment. First, I need to divide my time better and not do things the last minute because until the last day three of the five pieces were a mess while I didn’t even started on the other two. Secondly, I now know that in order to make a good essay we need to plan. This includes having a thesis and topic sentence, not forgetting that each paragraph should be divided by ideas.

The longer I am in year 11, the more I understand how important it is not to plagiarize. My worst fear is getting a zero due to unintended plagiarism. I promised to both teachers that my work is not plagiarism.

I didn’t have much trouble with this assessment other than the time-frame I’m working in, which is too short. I only handed two drafts to Ms. Laura. If only I had started sooner, I know I could get a much higher score by editing my text over and over till perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment