Sunday, June 7, 2009

Evita Santoso 11.3-Reflection

In this English unit, I learned about technological issues and about academic writing. My task is to write 4 pieces of academic writings which are compare and contrast piece, research, persuasive and reaction/opinion piece. I really learned a lot from this unit.
 My topic is about iPod Touch. I think iPod Touch is cool. I am falling in love with it and I really want to buy one. I learned that technologies keep growing in this modern time and these technologies are making humans’ life easier and more efficient. However, misuses of technologies might give humans bad impact. For example, people misuse of internet, telephone or text messaging to trick others.
 I think this project is hard. It took me a lot of time to think what to write. I have to write and edit my pieces several times. I think I still have difficulties in my grammar, vocabulary and in arranging the ideas that I want to write. However, I learned a lot. I learned that making an outline is important before writing an essay so that the ideas are arranged logically and clearly. Editing is also important to revise the essay and correct mistakes. The piece that I most proud of is the multimedia/visual piece because I have to combine texts and pictures using my creativity to make that pieces. 
 It is obvious that I am still not perfect in writing essays. However, I want to improve. I think I should write more essays with outlines before making the essay and a lot of editing. I should read English books a lot to expand my vocabulary and grammar. I hope from this time, I can improve my writing skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment