Sunday, June 7, 2009

Reflection Blog by Natasya 11.3

In my opinion, this 3rd assessment has taught me more about knowing different types of writing, such as persuasive text, research, compare/contrast, visual type and of course last but not least,blogging--which i had never learned before =p
All these types of text have to be applied to many different forms such as first and second partial essay, complete essay, poster or any other media, and posted on the Internet.

This 3rd assessment is a total difficulty for me but somehow I could manage to do the whole texts with the help of my English teachers, Ms. Laura and Mrs. Karla (thanks to them).
The students are told to determine the topic of the text related to the advance of technology in the first place.

I chose Internet addiction as my discussion as it is highly related to the development of technology.
My first partial essay is all about the persuasion in avoiding the overuse of the Internet and how to overcome this type of addiction.
The first partial essay gives people clear information of how to avoid, why should we avoid, and the implications of the addiction.

The second partial essay discusses about the research which implies to the origin of the Internet addiction and its history as well.

For the complete essay, I choose the compare and contrast text as I discuss about the Internet addiction and alcohol addiction. In this complete essay form, I also inform the audience about the negative impacts that may occur from these two types of addiction.
Examples and several cases that are related to the addictions and considered as significant evidences are provided as well due to my intention support my thesis statement.

Basically, this 3rd assessment may not be the most creative one, but it can be considered as the most educative one as it teaches the students to express their thoughts via different types of texts and how to compose an essay accurately.

No comments:

Post a Comment