Monday, June 8, 2009

Reflection Blog - Billy Theodorus

Reflection


First of all, I would like to say that this assessment task 3 is the hardest of all assessment tasks so far. Why? On this assessment, we are compelled to fulfill (or surpass) the demand of standard academic writing. Therefore, we have to be really meticulous about all requirements of good writings, such as clear and strong thesis, clear topic sentences and many other features of each type of texts. My first impression on this task was a not-really-that-hard task. However, as I was brought deeper by the intense difficulties of writing a good text, I found myself in feeling of consternation and dismay. What used to be not-really-that-hard task has slowly evolved into not-really-that-easy task.

Fortunately, from all those pains, come great gains. These assessment tasks have made me learned a lot regarding academic writing skills. I’ve learn to write compare and contrast, research, persuasive, reaction essays with appropriate styles. I also learned to always carefully cite all the sources that I’ve used to avoid the risk of plagiarism.

About the topic itself, I’ve learned a lot about weapon technology especially nuclear warfare. Since I’ve been discussing nuclear warfare in my compare and contrast, reaction and persuasive essays, I’ve acquired valuable information vis-à-vis effects of nuclear warfare towards global society and how human will never stop to develop more powerful and efficient weapon technology in order to maintain their power on world community.

Excluding academic writing skills and essay’s topic, there’s also one more thing that I’ve learned. Never ever, I repeat, never ever procrastinate any works that are trusted upon you. I’ve been doing that with this assessment and consequently, I almost had insufficient time to finish all the assessment tasks on time. Consider myself lucky to be able to finish this assessment completely on time.

Among all the texts that I’ve wrote, I think I am most proud with my visual text because I think I’ve used a great design on it. Perhaps its content is not really that engaging, however the attractive design should has contribute in attempt to make the whole piece of poster satisfying.

Perhaps in future I could start to learn to concise my essay effectively, and absorb more sophisticated vocabularies in order to impress my audiences. I think I will also need to be able to pour all my thoughts clearly on my words efficiently. Hopefully, I could improve my writing skill significantly and hence I could be a great writer and achieve fascinating grades and responses on every piece of writing that I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment