Sunday, June 7, 2009

english reflection by franciska wijaya

From the three assessments that I have gone through in English lesson, I think this third assessment is the hardest one. The reason is because it has lots of works to do compared to the two previous assessments. I have to create a portfolio whose theme is technology that contains four pieces of academic writing, which are one piece of full essay, two pieces of partial essay, and one piece of reaction/ opinion essay, also one piece of visual/ media representation. That is why I think it totally challenged me! However, this third task makes me learn a lot.

The lesson that I learn most is to write in a formal way. Because this is an academic writing, I have to discipline myself to not write in an informal way like using conversational language, inappropriate words, jargon, and slang. I also learn how to write a partial essay as I never write a partial essay before. I think partial essay is really helpful in writing full essay.

My main topic in this assessment is iPhone. I choose iPhone as my topic because iPhone is new and many people are addicted to it. Additionally, I myself also use iPhone so that it makes me easier to work on it. For the full essay, I decided to do a compare and contrast between iPhone and iTouch. In the first partial essay, I specifically discussed about iPhone, which includes its history and its effects to the public society. While in the second partial essay, I reacted to my iPhone as I use it in my daily life. For the media/ visual representation, I preferred to create a poster in a purpose to persuade people to buy iPhone. After finished working on this assessment, I feel I become more knowledgeable about iPhone.

Although there were so many difficulties that I met in the working process of this assessment (especially due to limitation of time), finally I could finished it before the due date. Actually, I have lots of problems in grammar, topic sentences, sentences’ structure, and organization, but thanks to Ms. Laura and Ms. Karla who helped me in editing my drafts so it gets better as I submitted draft more than once.

I am really proud of all the work that I have done because I have tried my best! I hope in the future, I could do better by read more English books and practice more writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment