Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Academic Writing Reflection

Learning academic writing is both a challenging and interesting way of learning. Academic writing is in fact, well, hard (of course!!), confusing, and took a lot of time, energy and not to mention thinking. I also learned so many things during this assessment. The most obvious thing I learned is the difference in text types. Some of the text types are familiar for example persuasive and research while the other two –Reaction/opinion and Compare and contrast –is not very familiar.

I’ve learned the details and elements in each text by putting it directly into writing, which is some kind of practice also. I can also differentiate the type of text that Ms. Laura and Ma’am Karla had taught us. Now, I know the purpose of each kind of text. Moreover, since the topic is technology, I learned more deeply about operating system especially Macintosh. It was also a personal studying so I can maximize my Mac Book’s potential. I like my topic very well because I am a fan of Mac and I wanted to know more about it. From researching I knew the difference between Mac and Windows and what are the specialties of Mac.

The most challenging task in doing this assessment is time management and understanding deeply about the work given. I have to use the time given efficiently or it will make students stressed out. However, I am proud with my work especially my Persuasive full essay. My work is not perfect yet that’s why in the future I had to do more research, improve my grammar and be more organized. Overall, I love this project and I didn’t regret doing this assignment because I think it’s another good way of learning and practicing. But it’s such a relief to submit this assignment. Hehe... =p

By : Hannah Prisca - 11.3

No comments:

Post a Comment