Sunday, June 7, 2009

Reflection on Blog, by Alvin W. 11.3

Creating an academic writing has been a challenge to me. We were to make several text types in this assessment. Those are research, persuasive, opinion/response, visual/multimedia, and reflection. I have to admit, this assessment surely is tiring. The first time I got the notification, I planned to finish it immediately, but somehow I procrastinated. I haven’t finished my research and opinion piece when I posted this entry. This time I learned about one thing about procrastination; the more you procrastinate, the more difficult the task will be.

My topic, the Conficker worm, was a malware (malicious software) which exploits Microsoft Windows’ bug. At the time Ms. Laura told that students could choose their own topic, I was excited about discussing the malware on my texts. After a week from the due date I realize that this topic has the lack of reliable sources, so I couldn’t tell much about it. “It’s too late to change my topic; there will be not enough time…” I thought. So I continued and created non-maximal result on my writings.

However, I find it easy on the visual piece, because I had a clear picture of it. I just need a suitable picture for my poster and some description of what I discuss… VoilĂ ! It’s done. Even though I’m confident with it, doesn’t mean that it is good enough to meet the standards of a good poster. How will my poster be judged, it’s up to the judges.

My failures on this assessment are: difficult and complicated topic which led to lack of sources, working on the last minute (not my fault though; I was sick yesterday), and encountered too much distraction (friends, they always bug me). I haven’t got much success, but as soon as I finish this assessment that would be my first success.

As I mentioned before, I had troubles with the sources’ reliability, so I will finish the entry here to continue working on the opinion piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment