Sunday, June 7, 2009

Reflection - Blog

In the recent english assessment, the teachers asigned us to write four kinds of academic writing (compare/contrast, research, persuasive, and opinion) about technology. We ought to make them in the form of a complete essay, partial essays, and visual text.

I learnt a lot from this assessment (from both my topic and the academic writinng).From the academic writing, I learnt how to cite, and how to differentiate between reliable cost and unreliable source from the internet. Before, I didn’t know how to format bibilography and footnotes but now, I know that the date is required for citing. From researching the topic I choose (wind energy), I learnt how a turbine works, and how they advantage and disadvantage people and environment and that wind turbines can be placed off shore or in a small scale such as at home.

There are some aspects that surprised and challenged me when I worked on my assessment. The first one was the time. I tought the time was very long, and enough to make the whole texts, but it turned out that the time was not enough, I needed to race with time in doing some essays. This because of other subjects’ tasks that was given between the working period. The second was the topic. I accidentally chose a (quite) hard topic that I don’t expert in. Since I’m not an expert and never had experience with my topic, it is hard to find a good reliable source.

For me this assessment is not very succesful because I haven’t put all of my effort into it since I need to do other subjects’ work. I think this can be overcome by having more flexible time.

No comments:

Post a Comment